Racing seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
just as an option, i think hmotorsonline.com has a set of sir-g black seats and front and rear in great condition for $350 or so, good luck bro, i'm in the same boat.

Teggy seats kinda suck though.. Not deep enough, and don't hold you very well.

I LOVED my CRX si seats. Best factory seat I've found so far. But, I'm adding several pounds to my car via suspension upgrades, so I'd like to take off several pounds with the seats. (Not going to weight reduce the car at all) Which is deterring me from slapping in a set of del-sol seats because I've heard those bastards weigh 48 pounds each.

All I want is a set of 20/25 pound seats that are great quality, durable, and cost $350 bucks. Made of carbon fiber and gold. :confused:

Well, maybe titanium instead of gold. :p

In all seriousness, I'd like to find a set for $350 or less. Used would be fine at that price..

thats cool, i kinda like the itegra seats, partly because there better than the civic seats and not too expensive. either way, its hard to find a racing seat for me because i'm such a big guy, 6'-4" @280lbs, and above average build. i remember sport compact magazine did an artical on racing seats and showed which waist sized that were perfect for each seat, they tested about 20 different brands from apc to Recarros. the only one that was around a 38 waist was i think a bride seat, but not totaly sure. i wish i could find that magazine again, i hate losing good material.

No way del sol seats weigh that much. I took mine out a few weeks ago and don't remember them being heavy at all. (found $9 in change under the carpet where the right rear mounts)

Quoted post[/post]]
No way del sol seats weigh that much. I took mine out a few weeks ago and don't remember them being heavy at all. (found $9 in change under the carpet where the right rear mounts)

Do you still have them? I'd love to get a real weight on them. I thought that sounded pretty high, but you'd be amazed how many stock seats actually weigh that much.

If I detail my car this weekend i'll weigh em for ya. I take em out every other time I clean so there due to come out.

Stop dicking around and get Mikes seats, there's no two ways about it, they are the best deal your going to find this easy. Don't like the color? Fabric dye.

:withstupid:

cheaper seats will be exactly that... CHEAP
the fabric is shit
the dyes are shit
the frames are shit
the padding is shit

if you want seats that will fade in 6 months, start showing excessive wear in less than a year, with padding that will start to deform in less than a year, and frames that will probly break from normal daily use and definatly break if you ever get into an accident... by all means go get some cheese dick "sport" seats from some crap ass company that will cost you $299 for the pair

if you want a good high quality seat without paying shit loads of money get the fucking corbeaus

$500 is just over budget at this time.. And I'm sure shipping isn't included in that price..

I'm not modifying a ferrari or a porsche.. Its a honda civic for chists sake. I've already got well over 5k tied up in the damned thing and still need the motor, trans, exhaust, etc.. I'm not by any means a rich bastard.. I work hard for my money...

I never expected that building a car would be cheap.. But I do have to put limits somewhere.

well seats unfortunatly are one of the areas that people often decide to cheap out on
and honestly i would keep the stock ones in there before i fucked with any of those bargain seats
the seats are a VERY important part of your safety in the car
i would go cheap on performance parts before i ever thought about going cheap on safety

keep your stock seats in there for now and save up till you can get a good set of seats

Quoted post[/post]]
well seats unfortunatly are one of the areas that people often decide to cheap out on
and honestly i would keep the stock ones in there before i fucked with any of those bargain seats
the seats are a VERY important part of your safety in the car
i would go cheap on performance parts before i ever thought about going cheap on safety

keep your stock seats in there for now and save up till you can get a good set of seats

I agree, except for the cheap performance parts... I learned my lesson with those already.

And it isn't that I don't have the money, its just that I am reluctant to spend so much on seats..

$400 shipped, I would be ALL OVER them. but $500 plus shipping.. too much. :dunno:

well - if you don't want to shell out for some real seats, at least get something OEM. if you cheap out, you'll be endangering your own life as well as anyone else who happens to ride in the car.

For a comparison, go see what Honda wants for a pair of OEM seats with the brackets. I guarantee the corbeaus will sound like a friggin BARGAIN.

No, my price doesn't include shipping.

Yes, if you want "new" seats for cheap, get used OEMs. Don't get cheapo unreliable brand aftermarket seats. You can get away with Tenzos (I personally don't like them, and not just because they're cheap), but a new set will still cost you $500.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, I'm shopping for seats for my 92 hatch. The factory seats suck way too bad.

Looking for cheaper seats, not going to spend $1k

I know I should be looking at bride, recarro, sparco, momo, corbeau, etc..

BUT

I've been looking at Tenzo R (never heard of them before), APC (uber cheap), Bomz (again, never heard of) Etc...

Also am watching a leather GSR front/rear seat swap on ebay.. And considering Del Slow seats.

I would like a nice fitting seat, snug, good for cruising. And If I can get some significant weight savings in the process, I would like to do that as well. The GSR seats don't hug enough, and weigh a ton, but the leather makes up for that.

So... thoughts, ideas, opinions, etc..

Educated please. Not "APC IS t3h MAD $uxxx0r!!" posts. Please keep this to personal experience.

hey just a qiuk tip for any one i suggest tenzo r for a few reasons there less expensive then sparco's but feels the same pluss sparco has or had really bad rails while the tenzo's are smooth. hope i helped

Quoted post[/post]]
I'll sell you a set of really good condition grey Corbeau TRS seats WITH 92-95 Civic brackets for $500 plus shipping. I just took them out of my Civic today.

Dude this is the way to go! These are the best budget set out there that actually wont fold over you in a wreck.

Back