Rack and Pinion Bellows change

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

(o)(o)

:D Hondas: I need to replace the rack and pinion bellows (the accordion-like rubber seals at each end of the rack) on my 95 Civic EX Coupe, since they've begun to tear up. Does the rack need to come off the car? Or is removing the tie rod ends enough to get them replaced? Other than that, this car runs like a top, even having 110K miles on it. Gotta love the Civic :p Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by (o)(o)@Nov 18 2004, 02:32 PM
:D Hondas: I need to replace the rack and pinion bellows (the accordion-like rubber seals at each end of the rack) on my 95 Civic EX Coupe, since they've begun to tear up. Does the rack need to come off the car? Or is removing the tie rod ends enough to get them replaced? Other than that, this car runs like a top, even having 110K miles on it. Gotta love the Civic :p  Thank you in advance!
[post=418777]Quoted post[/post]​

If the bellows are torn there is a good chance that the inner tie rods are shot. Check them for play. If there is any replace them.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Nov 23 2004, 06:44 PM
[qahahahahah that name is the best _(0)(0)_ bahahaha..sorry i couldnt help
[post=421298]Quoted post[/post]​

Seems to me you like it. I was wondering how long it'd be until someone noticed. The pre-op version was: \./\./ :lol:

[/quote]

If the bellows are torn there is a good chance that the inner tie rods are shot. Check them for play. If there is any replace them.
[post=418909]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

I know what you're saying. I have to replace my bellows because they're beginning to look a bit worn out, and I don't want to ruin my PS rack. So, does the rack have to come off or not, to replace the rubber bellows?

Back