rack swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maybe with combination of teg inner tre's and civic outer tre's or vice versa. might not be wide enough for the car.

Your best bet is to rip the one of the teg and go measure your donors to see what you could do it's probley best nd less hassle to just replace it with the teg one

the thing is integras only came power steering is the U.S. there is no manual rack for them so puttin in a teg rack is not goin to happen. ill either keep my connverted teg rack or find out what OEM manual racks fit. thats why i posted in the first place.

hmmm good idea ill check it out. i have been told there is a kit to put an EG rack in a DA. there is some bracket i was told about that solves the fitment issues. but idk

Are you just trying to get away from the weight or added pieces?
Or are you looking for a quicker response?

Years ago I tried using a early civic 73-79 (3:1) into the later ones.
And like he said, It might only be swapping out inner tierods or the like.

E

i like the feel of non power more then anything. i like the response and the road feel. it seems that you can get alot more feedback from the road thru the car with manual steering.

I honestly doubt EG/DC rack would fit in a DA or EF; they mount differently. EK, EF, DA mount under the frame while EG/DC mounts in front.

I believe the EF racks will fit the DAs but I can't confirm since it's been a while since I've looked at them.

ok ill look into an EF manual rack n see. i want a ligit manual rack. i kno that it will feel much tighter and stable

You should be able to swap it over if you pull the whole lower crossmember with it. You can also disable the power steering- loop the hoses together, add a vented catch can in line, keep it full of fluid. The manual racks are slower, so going manual with a power steering rack will actually give you faster steering than a rack swap. Drop the pump and belt for your weight savings and slight power savings.

oh god lol ok some ima just keep my converted rack then. im just trying to make this thing bullet proof. i want everything to be done right the first time. putting in the converted rack was enough of a bitch.

The only reason to switch to a CRX/Civic(non-Si) rack is to run the Quaife rack, really. I did some research and there wasn't a significant difference between the Integra rack and regular Civic(3.53LTL/17.3:1 ratio on the Civic/CRX, and 3.6LTL/18.1:1 on the Integra).

The Quaife rack reduces the non-Si CRX/Civic to 2.83LTL; I believe the ITR is around there also. The Si CRX/Civics have some sort of variable ratio but LTL is the same as the non-Si's.

*LTL=Lock to Lock

my main goal was jsut to tighten the steering up. i have blown struts up front so i kno my wheel hop is sprouting from that most deff. but i wasnt sure if my rack being converted from power to manual had something to do with that. there the thought of gettin an actual manual rack came to be. but for now ill keep it and get my coilovers then see how it feels. all my up control arms are brand new so i kno my shake isnt from that either.

Back