Radiator issues.......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastacc

Doin work!!!
So we just finished a swap on a 88 crx with a obd0 b16a and was wondering if anyone else had hell finding a replacement radiator? I first bought one off of egay and it was nowhere near the right size. So we rigged it to get it to the muffler shop and the damn thing cracked open. We were kinda in a bind so we went to the local Vato Zone and scooped up another one. We got back with that bitch and it was another no fit. I looked on the box and sure enough it said 88-91 crx. Both of the ones we got were at least 4 inches longer and a bit taller. The one we got from the zone was closer to the one in my hatch. Anyone know where to find a replacement that will surely fit??:confused:

Not at all. The bottom holes are about an inch both ways from the lower holes. The whole radiator is about 4 inches wider and the top mounts are not even close. Took the one back to auto zone and we started looking through their book. Seems as though the rad we had was for a "non hf" car. We have an hf. They didn't even have a part number for the one that fit. So we went to Oreilly's and they showed 2 different ones. They won't be here till tuesday though. Still don't know if either will fit.

Why are you guys replacing the radiator any way? The one that was originally in the car before the swap would have worked just fine.

You are correct, the old one would have worked except it had a huge chunk missing from the upper outlet. This car is my best frineds daily and we were trying to get it back on the road asap. Oreilly's ordered one and said it was for an hf so we well see tuesday. When you say "Get one from a non hf" do you mean cut the one loose and weld in the whole bracket? Oh, what do you call those rubber pieces that the radiator sits on. I don't know the exact name of them, but we lost one somewhere. I have a 90 hatch parts car, but they were bolt in, and different. His come off of the core suppor and is spot welded.:confused:

Back