radiator support problem?PIXX!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vsmcoupe

will a new core support fix this? i need help fast,

P7230006.jpg

What did you do?
Is it your car?
Did this JUST appear overnight or something?
Is it both sides?
You need to give more information here.. (or maybe you just need to shut the hood)

I'd doubt that the radiator support has much to do with that unless it's shoved upward.

E

it was hit in the driver side corner,the bumper cover was dented but no visible damage to the bumper support, thats as far as i know,

Its the whole core support, needs to go to a body shop and be pulled.

:withstupid:Those radiator supports crinkle like foil when hit. The support is welded onto the frame rails of the body. A body shop will just grind the welds off and weld a new one up. It really isn't a tough job if you have the equipment. Take it from me though - make sure you get a quality replacement support. I wrecked my old eg and had a shop replace the core support for me. The first time I tried to jack the car up from the lift point on the core support the whole bottom section bent, pushing the radiator up. I couldn't close my hood! I ended up welding on new radiator mounts, but I never could trust the car to be jacked from the front.

Back