Radiator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Ok well it seems my radiator is geting worse. When i baught the car after driving it for a few i noticed it was leting small amounts of coolant and water out threw the plastic brim at the top of the radiator. Well last night i saw more steam then regualr and poped the hood, i scoped it out only to get a small squirt in the face :D

Anyways its geting lil worse then it was cause now it kinda kinda squirts. I dont know why im trying to make light of it by saying "kinda kinda" but its not like flowing out or anything. I plan on trying to get a new radiator. My question is i see a fluidyn for $334 and a koyo for $278, ther both full aluminum and heli arc welded. Witch one should i go with? And how hard is it for people to repair radiators? could my problem with my stock one be fixed for like $50 or less? Would it even be worth it? I just know that the plastic top on my stock radiator looks fuckin cheeze as all hell.

Also for you guys to take note, i will probably be doing a turbo application on this car some where down the line, will either of these two radiators make puting an intercooler down there a BIG problem?

If i foundwhere the hole or where what ever it is at, would it be possible for some JB weld to hold for a month or so? I really need the car to get around in order to make money to get the new radiator.

My bro was going through 2 stock radiators a year in his 94 gsr. We both ordered from Link great price, service. The radiator is not very bling like a koyo or anything, but it is all aluminum and works very well. No problems in over a year with it.

SEE but for the pice of the one on the first link i could get a name brand like koyo or fluidyne.

does any one know the difference between showa and denso?

LOOK

LOOK

No one has any more input for me?

Koyo vs Fluidyne

And what the hell is the difference between showa and denso?

honestly having seen each first hand i think the fluidyne looks to be much higher quality... at least seems to be put together better

I always though showa only made suspension systems for motorcycles, and denso was an oem supplier for ignition systems in cars. Never thought they could ever be related to cooling systems in any way.

If you just need a quick fix try some of that alum seal. I tried a brand called bar's and it sealed 2 pin-sized holes in mine. No problems in 4 weeks. I drive my car pretty hard on some mountain curves too. The temp starts to rise when I go uphill on 100+ days but I'm sure thats cuz my lil 1.5 is getting worked.

low cost alternative, turn your radiator into some radiator place for like 10 bucks and buy a used remanufactored "same" radiator but with the end tanks in brass and welded to the core, I have always done this upgrade, and I have went through a lot of stock GSR radiators, 240sx radiator recently.

usually the used remanufactored radiator with the brass endtanks runs 100 bucks.

If you just need a quick fix try some of that alum seal. I tried a brand called bar's and it sealed 2 pin-sized holes in mine. No problems in 4 weeks. I drive my car pretty hard on some mountain curves too. The temp starts to rise when I go uphill on 100+ days but I'm sure thats cuz my lil 1.5 is getting worked.

Back