1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

radio code for 99 accord help

Discussion in 'Accord' started by 2008accord, Sep 18, 2007.

1. 2008accord

2008accord New Member

How do i reset my radio on my 99 honda accord without going to the dealer and getting ripped off?:(

the Radio serial # 98d107592

1999 accord

vin # jhmcg6670xc032230

Could someone please help me, Im just a girl and I just go to college and dont have money to spend on this thank you:(

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Try calling some different dealerships. The last time this happened to me I called the dealership, and gave them some information about my car (VIN number, etc.) and they gave me some codes to try for free.

3. boostedf22

boostedf22 dis is why im not

I just upgraded my radio to a Factory CD player. I just called the dealership and gave them the Serial number and they gave me 3 codes to try. One worked and I was good to go. Call them and just tell them the battery died and you mechanic (so-and -so) pulled it out and gave you the code to call them with. Worked for me.

I thought the Vin was only good if you bought it from them?

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yeah, I dunno. The last time I called them they asked for the VIN and radio serial number, so I'd have both of those things handy when you call.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted