radio code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

breed

my damn battery died in my civic and now my radio has that code crap. is there anyway to bypass it or does anyone know a master code?

There is no master code. Take your VIN# and your registration to a dealership and they will give you the code for it... unless you have an older Honda, in which case you will need to give them the serial number on the back of your radio also.

Originally posted by breed+Nov 11 2004, 08:13 PM-->
my damn battery died in my civic and now my radio has that code crap. is there anyway to bypass it or does anyone know a master code?
[post=415536]Quoted post[/post]​

It should be in your owners manual or on a piece of paper somewhere in your glove box... if you bought the car from a private party, you got screwed.

92civicb18b1
@Nov 11 2004, 09:03 PM
I dunno what code you mean.

Easiest solution....New Pioneer Head Unit, even the cheapest one is decent
[post=415570]Quoted post[/post]​

You need a code for the headunit itself, so if it gets stolen it's useless to the thief without it.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Nov 11 2004, 09:08 PM
It should be in your owners manual or on a piece of paper somewhere in your glove box... if you bought the car from a private party, you got screwed.
[post=415575]Quoted post[/post]​

If he bought it from a private party, no he didn't get screwed. All a Honda dealership needs is proof of ownership of the vehicle and they will give him the code for free. They don't want to give out those codes to just anyone.

Otherwise, if you need to disconnect your car's battery and the car has a anti-theft radio or head unit in it AND you don't know the code, there are ways to prevent the unit from going into safe mode. B)

Back