radio wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h82w8

my rex has no harness coupling to plug the radio in if anybody can check their crx wires and post the color code for the wires that would kick ass. I hav'nt had a radio in 4 months :eek:

I would if I had it. I know how to hook up radios. what happened is the guy that had the car before me cut off the harness connectors and everything. because he had a hidden radio in the back of the car.when he took it he tookthe wires .all i have is wires sticking out of the dash. If any body has the color code please post it to day is my only day off :(

90 crx dx. i did like 10 different searches and cannot find a diagram for a crx. <_<

Helms. Solved my same problem, but I ended up just running all new wires though, the stock ones aren't that great, and I got all new ones with speakers. :)

Honda wiring didnt change for yrs, so anyone with an older honda can help u. If not start testing ur wires...ur gonna need ur constant, ignition, and ground to turn on ur deck...test with a test light, for constant +12, and look for a switched +12, if ur got a meter handy use it...solid black will b ground on ur honda...so that should turn ur deck on....with the speakers...u can check at the speaker or, take a 9v battery to the wires...trial and error though.

i was told that the wire codes for 90 civics and 90 crx's are different

my wires are as follows:

red/black
green/orange
white/blue
blue/yellow
grey/black
blue/green
brown/white
orange/ yellow
grey(possibly tan?)/white
white/green
brown/black

I don't have a test light or voltmeter.
if any crx owners can look at their wires. most aftermaket radio installation color coded harnesses have the name of each wire written on it. it took me 5-6 min. to write my color code down and post it

The radio wiring for the 88-95 hondas are all the same...i just dont know what each individual wire is...

Here's a thought though...simply pop off the speaker covers for all four speakers, and look at the colors of the wires that come outta ever speaker, and the one with the little connector is a negative (-) and the one with the big connector is the positive (+)...then just write down the info, and you have your wiring order... :lol:

Do you know how to use a multimeter? Set it on voltage, find both of your power wires. To find speaker wires, get a 9volt battery, and strip back your wires. Use the rest of the wires, and take one. Touch it to the positive side of the battery, and go through the rest of them until you hear a click out of your speaker. When you do, the both of them are for that speaker wire. Continue until you find the 2 or 4 speakers wires. Hard Wiring is easy fo sheezy. I did a 95 Chevrolet truck yesterday in 10 minutes.

Originally posted by '90ShowCRX@Dec 11 2003, 08:48 PM
The radio wiring for the 88-95 hondas are all the same...i just dont know what each individual wire is...

Here's a thought though...simply pop off the speaker covers for all four speakers, and look at the colors of the wires that come outta ever speaker, and the one with the little connector is a negative (-) and the one with the big connector is the positive (+)...then just write down the info, and you have your wiring order... :lol:

:eek: holy shit your brilliant! why the fuck didn't I think of that :eek:

dude just get the red cable and the black and turn the radio on and then look for the speakers its that easy I done it a million times

Originally posted by h82w8@Dec 11 2003, 08:42 PM
UPDATE

red/black
green/orange RF+
white/blue
blue/yellow LR--
grey/black LF--
blue/green LF+
brown/white RR--
orange/ yellow RR+
grey(possibly tan?)/white LR--
white/green
brown/black RF--

I will test to find out grnd,power,etc...

thank you my problem has been solved :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: I will post this diagram as I complete it, so that others with this problem will have an easy fix.

ok here it goes
POWER
memory (+12v constant) blue/white
Ignition (+12v switched) Yellow/red
Ground (-) Black
Illumination red/black
Dimmer (none)
Power antanna Yellow/white

SPEAKERS
RF + Red/green
RF - brown/black
LF + Blue/green
LF - Gray/black
RR + Red/Yellow
RR - Brown/White
LR + Blue/Yellow
Lr - Grey/white

I know this thread is about the CRX and you guys said that the wiring for honda radios hasnt changed in the years between 88-95. I was wondering if the colors are the same in a Del Sol. i am having problems with my speakers too. This is prolly an old thread but any help is very much welcomed

Back