raising compression

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

whats up? A friend of mine was telling me that you can raise the compression of a motor without effecting the crank, rods, head gasket, or pistons; he said it's something much easier then changing these parts. He works for a shop, and he said it was a trade sercet. Do you know what his shop is doing? He wont tell me...

he is probly talking about plaining the head (removing material from the head)

this really isnt the "best" way to get higher compression and may lead to larger problems if not done correctly and kept within spec

yup same shit .... all just different ways of saying that you are removing material in hopes of higher compression

valve clearances can get sketchy doing this though

could also be installing a thinner head gasket i think mugen makes 1 and 2 layer gaskets instead of the stock 3 layer

i bet hes talking about milling the head, but thats no big secret either :blink:

Maybe he's just waiting for the pistons to get really crusty and carbon coated after 100k miles... that will get you some more compression right there. Larger domes, here we come!

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 1 2004, 06:41 PM
Maybe he's just waiting for the pistons to get really crusty and carbon coated after 100k miles... that will get you some more compression right there. Larger domes, here we come!

:lol:

:werd: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by 22crazy@Jan 1 2004, 04:32 PM
naw he said it was something easiers then changing headgasket

why in the hell would he talk about not changing the head gasket? ...its a hell of a lot easier than milling the head.

ok you know what ... if he wont tell you then its pointless for us to sit here and guess

there are 167321678413296413 ways to raise compression

:gives:

when he fills you in on his mistical secret let us know

other than that this thread is worthless

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 1 2004, 11:01 PM
ok you know what ... if he wont tell you then its pointless for us to sit here and guess

there are 167321678413296413 ways to raise compression

:gives:

when he fills you in on his mistical secret let us know

other than that this thread is worthless

I thought there were 167321678413296414.5 ways. What about TURBO!!!!!! or Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws!! :lol:

MAGIC!!!

don't mill your head to rainse compression, milling is primarily used to flatten the head out after warping or improper fittament to the block.

Back