ran without oil for a couple of months

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Arachnid

hahahah, so my friend with his 99 civic coupe d16y8 ran his car for a couple of months without oil in it....more like 10 months total before he burned all the oil out. he had me swap his head in cause he thought it was only messed up valvetrain and such....but now when i had the head swaped and timed correctly it drives like shit. the car rattles on the right side where the timing belt is, and can't go above 4k rpms. i took off his valve cover and found there to be only a little shitty puttle of oil in his valvetrain area. i figure from that that it has some sort of blown bearing in the crank area cause it looks to me like there's no oil pressure (not enough pressure to get to the valvetrain) and that shitty noise from the crank pulley area. does anyone stand me correct or could there be other issues??

rods , that motor needs to be thrown away . tell your friend way to go and not change the oil and ruin a perfectly good d series.

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@Jun 17 2004, 10:01 PM
dude come on it was a d series, not a tragic loss

well if hes dumb enough to do that then what would he do to a b or h series.

nothing wrong with a d series, not getting into a b-d series argument but the d im working on will pull right with a b16 with better torque to boot.

Back