Raplacing D16Y8 - ???Quick Question???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vanard

Info:

99 Civic - EX - D16Y8 - 5 Speed Manual

Through A Rod In My Old One So I Bought A Remanufactured One For $750 Incl. Tax.

W/Zero Miles (Duh)

I Am Replacing All Of The Motor & Trans. Mounts While I Am In Here & Replacing The Entire Clutch Set-Up Too.

Oh, This Is Also My First Time Doing Any Type Of Swap.

No I Can't Afford To Upgrade To A B/H/K Series & Yes This Is Technically Still A Swap Seeing How It's One Motor For A Different One...THX!

Question:

A. Do I Need To And/Or Would It Be Easier If I Pulled The Transmission & Trans Out Together As 1 Unit???

OR

B. Should I Seperate The Trans. & Replace The Clutch & Reconnect The Block To The Trans Inside The Shell???

Conclusion:

I Figured It Would Be Easier To Do The Clutch Outside The Shell, However Outside The Shell Would Mean I Have To Disconnect The Axels, Wiring, & The Linkage (You Know The Stick(s) Connecting It In The Car To Change Gears).

THANK YOU FOR ANY & ALL ASSISTANCE I MAY RECEIVE FROM ANYONE & EVERYONE...THX!!!

This Corrects The Mishap Above...Thx!

*** A. Do I Need To And/Or Would It Be Easier If I Pulled The Y8 & Trans Out Together As 1 Unit??? ***

Pull it all out together. You will have to disconnect the axles, shift linkage, to just drop the trans. So if your gonna change the motor to just pull all out at once then do it on the ground. hell of a lot easier.

Back