Rattle?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

streetz95GSR

I've got a 95 GSR Integra, and in every gear from bout 3200 RPM's too 3800RPM's it makes this rattling noise, and it's only in between those RPM's, I think it might be the heat shield over the cat, but im not sure, anyone have any input..?

Where is the noise coming from? Like in what area? My buddy had the same problem. He heard a rattleing(sp) noise come from his engine bay. we thought it was the heatsheild but it wasnt. It turns out he was using the lowest octane gas and once he started to use higher octane gas it went away. When you use a lower octane gas some engines have a slight rattling noise. The rattleing(sp) noise is the engine burning off more octane then it has. But it might not be your problem. Sorry if it is hard to understand but it is hard to put into words. It may not help but thats my .02

check the heat sheilds under your car. Those rattled on my integra then I took em off, every single one and it went away.

Also could it be loose change... ha ha haa J/P

sounds like heatsheilds

well i only use 94oc, so it can't be that...ima take off the heat shield over the cat this sunday and see what i get, thanx for the input guys

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Mar 5 2004, 12:10 PM
Where is the noise coming from? Like in what area? My buddy had the same problem. He heard a rattleing(sp) noise come from his engine bay. we thought it was the heatsheild but it wasnt. It turns out he was using the lowest octane gas and once he started to use higher octane gas it went away. When you use a lower octane gas some engines have a slight rattling noise. The rattleing(sp) noise is the engine burning off more octane then it has. But it might not be your problem. Sorry if it is hard to understand but it is hard to put into words. It may not help but thats my .02

That's called knocking. It's caused by the gas not having high enough octane in order to resist preignition. If he's using 94 octane, it sure as shit isn't knocking. Probably just heatshields. Tighten them down or take them off.

Back