RE: scammer in CT: Brandon Derench

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nfn15037

Hey guys, I'm not around much anymore, but I just wanted to warn anyone against purchasing any items from this guy in Bloomfield, CT. Story below:

I bought an alleged 97 ITR (or 01 depending on who you ask) head from brandond in Connecticut. His full name is Brandon Scott Derench. He claimed it was an 01 ITR head, yet in his sig he listed a '97 ITR head for sale. Red flags should have been waving around in my head, but hindsight is 20/20. At any rate, he stated it came with cams and was missing the valvecover, dizzy, and VTEC solenoid. Head ends up being a 95 B16 head that has a decent port job, OK, fine. The problem is the cams. Yup, B16 cams. This guy swore up and down it was an ITR head from Hmotorsonline. Not to mention, B16 valves and valvesprings. I don't mind that stuff, I want the cams though. So, Brandon, I want my ITR cams. In addition, Brandon claims he was selling this for a friend and that he has zero responsibility. Well, when you sell something, you had better be sure what you are selling. I think they wanted to pull a quick scam and make some money right before Brandon here moves on down to sunny Florida.

His buddy, Shurland Richards, says it is a CTR head, his username is CivicBwoy. He had a set of CTR cams for sale but as soon as I called them out, the CTR cams magically disapeared. These kids are lying scammers. Nobody has their stories in order and they both make up different lies then get caught in them. Shurland's emial addy is shurland1@hotmail.com

Brandon Scott Derench
29 Nolan Drive
Bloomfield, CT 06002
860-796-9173

So now the dickhead won't respond to me and says all sales are final and how I can't tarnish his great name (how great is it?), so here I am. Think of me as oxygen, ruining his fine plated finish (OK, geek joke, sorry lol). Thanks for the space!

dirty fuckers

just checked the member list neither is registered here... is this from H-T ??

i almost bought that head from the guy, but on my way to pick it up he claimed it was "stolen out of his shed". wtf??

Quoted post[/post]]
i almost bought that head from the guy, but on my way to pick it up he claimed it was "stolen out of his shed". wtf??

Wow, what an idiot this dude is.

Yes, this is from H-T to clarify. Dirty little bastards......the only upside is that the head has new bronze valveguides and a decent port job. Bleh, I'm pissed. Oh well, I have done OK buying shit online, actually pretty much everything Honda or car related is used and bought online lol.

damn, ya shoulda picked it up... can't be that far...

sorry to hear. i've been screwed over as much as the next guy on honda parts though.....

I know about where that is... Its a few miles from a place I work at... Shady kinda area... Lots of ricers and punks around there...

When I picked the head up, I instantly knew it was a 95 B16 head, which is fine because it has a decent port job and the chamber has had the valves deshrouded. The cams had the double ring on the end, but once I compared them to my GSR cams it was obvious that they were B16 cams. I called him and he was like well sorry all sales final. His buddy claims it was a 97 CTR head, and coincidentally has some CTR cams for sale. He took the ad down as soon as I called him out on it. So, basically I got a ported B16 head for cheap, so I am not out a great deal. My point was that they sold me ITR cams yet I received B16 cams. All I want is like $75 back or the set of ITR cams I was promised. I don't think that too unreasonable.

Back