1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really low compression

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Bobby17772, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

I'm building an engine for high boost...well I think it's high for a single cam between 15 and 20 psi. And I was wondering how low is to low? I plan on using vitara pistons and eagle rods which would give me about ~7.5:1 compression. If I was to run it like that with tuning would I have to advance the hell out of the timing or regardless of tuning would it be unstreetable? Because I could get custom rods but I just didn't know how bad it would be if I left it at that low of a compression

2. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

Thats pretty damn low, I would use something with 9:1. Would take a lot less boost to make the power you want. Less boost = less cylinder pressure= low chances of detonation.

3. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

yeah I found rod/piston kit thing that would yeild 8.4:1 which is still less but I think it would be better you know?

4. ricksautomotive

ricksautomotive honda dealer tech

boosted engines like you want to build require alot of maintenance and generate alot of heat. streetability? not so much but doable. go like 9:1

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted