rear disc conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

3.0togo

What is the difference between the rear drum setup on a 95 EX vs a 95 Del Sol?
A shop told me that the AEM kit will work, and then someone else said that it wouldn't. I have the kit, what should I do? I wan't it to work, as I have already converted the front using Integra calipers.

dude if it really is an EX it should have rear disc already, and if it does then they are exaclty the same as the del sol VTEC.

no all civics except the si and i think the crx si and those ugly early 90's hatches, come with drums in the rear, i know cause i own a ex, only thing about the ex is power everything and a sunroof, has nothing to do with rear brakes....next time make sure u know what youre talking about please...

The question that I asked was whether or not the drums and trailing arms were the same on the EX and Del Sol, or were the ones on the Del Sol the same as the hatches, which are smaller. I did not ask if the Ex came with rear disc or drums. So, Mr. 4dr, please do not tell me to "know what I'm talking about before I ask a question". Maybe you should read the question before shooting off your mouth and dissing other people.

Originally posted by 3.0togo@Aug 14 2003, 09:31 AM
The question that I asked was whether or not the drums and trailing arms were the same on the EX and Del Sol, or were the ones on the Del Sol the same as the hatches, which are smaller. I did not ask if the Ex came with rear disc or drums. So, Mr. 4dr, please do not tell me to "know what I'm talking about before I ask a question". Maybe you should read the question before shooting off your mouth and dissing other people.

Its not the trailing arms that you need to be worried about. Its the backing plate flange on the spindle. The trailing arms for civics and integras are almost all the same. The spindle however is different. Its a one piece machined item that either has four bolt holes in it for the backing plate or it has a bigger flange and two bolt holes for the caliper mounting points. Youll see what i mean when youve got it all apart.

The AEM kit replaces the drum backing plate with an adapter plate for the oem caliper supplied with the kit. The kit will work, youll need to remove all of the drum hardware, the wheel hub, the e-brake cables ( bit of a pain ) and then you can slip the nw adapter plate over the spindle, bolt up all the new crap and your on your way. remember to bleed the brakes before you drive away :p

Have fun

3.0togo i wasnt talking about you i was talking about Saturn boy96, i have no doubt you know what you are talking about...sorry if there was any confusion..

Back