rear mount bracket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90b16acivic

hello i got a 90 hb si with a b16 and was wondering if there is any way to get the rear mount bracket on without pullin the motor and if so what are the tricks and also how do you get that dam pin out of the linkage.
thanks for your help

could anyone help before i pull the engine again i get the shop back tomorrow and need to be out of it by monday at 5pm
thanks

This was just pretty much asked a couple of days ago. You can search on here there have been questions asked about it already. Basically you have to take off the old one and move it over to the other set of holes. You need a bunch of long 1/4" adapters, swivels and sockets to take it on or off. The most difficult part is trying to get the back bolt in when you are putting the mount back on. Get a good 1/4" set because you might have to turn it with some force, and well 1/4" set is not that strong usually

i already have the rear mount on its just i wanted to get driving early so i fabbed up a temporary rear mount bracket which goes from the mount to the motor and tranny and now i got the actual one from honda and was trying to get it on without removing the engine is it possible?

Yes....might be slightly different in your case. For me, I found that it was easiest to put the pivot bolt in first. The take one of the other bolts that go onto the tranny and partially screw it in to hold it in place. I have these nice little prypars that are ment to line up screw holes, but if you take something to pry with, you should be able to line up the other holes, put in each screw partially, one at a time. Once thier all in, screw them down all the way and correctly torque them. Not too hard really, just pry on it carefully to move it around, get a buddy to help if you need it.

Back