Rear Tein Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I got the front on all good but the back are haveing problems. There is no way to tighten them. From where the top of the rear strut tower ends to the begging of the thread, there is a good 3 inches. It is so un drivable because every time I hit a bump (even small) my rear springs doesn't compress, the car just bounces real bad. I bough a box of washers to try and take away from the gappage but it still is bouncing as hell. Please help quick

s3e9db346afc91.jpg

here is a pic. What can I do, they are so basicly worthless right now.

have you tried just pushing it down? maybe thats it....i dunno though, im not an expert and if you havent tried that, its worth a shot.

It just comes right back up. I am thinking that I forgot a bolt and washer underneith.

hmm, did you try putting them in at minimum ride height, getting them clamped in, and adjusting up from there?

Ohhh I see, they won't stay down? hmm maybe you did forget a piece. I'm not sure though, I'm not familiar with teins

you have the little gold piece that stops the shock from compressing on right?

you said you car just bounces it doesnt compress?what do you mean?

well the top of that looks treaded so maybe you put a nut or washer or sumthing on it to it doesnt come back up through that little hole. just an idea

I found out what I need. I have to put a bolt at the very bottom of the thread, lift the car, push the stem down then slip a washer on it. All I have to do is go to the hardware store to find another bolt like that.

Back