Reasoning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
I don't want to hear what people think of DSM's or anythign like that. I'm wanting to trade in my 4dr auto accord for a year or two newer Eclipse GSX as a graduation present from my parents. I need a lot of reasoning that would be logical to a parent why I should go from a slow 4dr automatic to a quicker 2dr turbocharged "sports car".
Seriously, I need some good reasoning. This has been a dream car for me for a long time and with my graduation, an actuall chance for me getting a better car is here.
My reasoning:
I dont haul around too many people, so I don't need a 4dr
Trade in would be within a grand after I sell my aftermarker accord crap to some riceboys. Accord $5k, GSX $6500
AWD is much better for MT winters
AWD is safer
It wouldn't have a fart can that my parents hate so much
It wouldn't have a cheap aftermarket suspension
I would be much happier

Feel free to bash my car as much a reasonably needed in making the GSX look better.

Yeah, I used the same reasoning so I can enter an auto-x next week. A controlled environment where I can learn how to handle my car. It's even legal" LOL

awd = safety in the winter. :) Sells them everytime. Tell them the turbo also allows you to have better gas milage b/c its just pushing more air into the car.

A car is only as reliable as you build it.

dont buy a 2nd gen eclipse :bash:

you should try to find a suby 2.5 RS
since the wrx came out, they got cheap. and are still pretty fast, practical, awd, and i think they look better than the wrx does anyday

ok if you DO buy a 2nd gen eclipse make sure it's at LEAST build in the first half of 95. you want a 6 bolt engine (if it doesnt make sense, just trust me), if it isnt a 6 bolt, it's got crankwalk written all over it.

i agree with b, the 2.5rs is dead fuckin hot.

Like you and I believe it was pissedoffsol mentioned, AWD is better for snow/rain.

Is the GSX actually classified as a sports car? I know almost nothing about DSM's :lol:... Anyway, manual transmission cars are cheaper on insurance than automatics. If you're on your parents insurance, it could help. Even if you aren't, and pay your own, you could point out that it's less money, even if just by a few bucks, that you'd be spending... and therefore less money you'd have to borrow off them later on... If it's actually classified as a sports car though, then it'll be higher anyway.

Another point to bring up is that you're GRADUATING. If you've worked hard, had pretty good grades/attendance, etc., bring it up.

Just try not to sound whiny about it, and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Finding a 6 bolt motor now isn't as easy as it once was. 2ng gens are heavier but great cars.

All the eclipses are considered a sports car, well, my RS was. The gsx and gs-t are both turboed sports cars, but the gsx has awd.

gs/rs = cheap 420a
gsx = awd 4g63
gs-t = fwd 4g63
spyder non-turbo and turbo, both have the 4g63.

Dont think of getting a rs/gs and saving on insurance and then swapping, the engine bays are almost completely different. You'd need the front clip, firewall forward to swap shit over on.

DSM = 10 seconds on stock blocks (or so they say)

ppl's who break, dont know how to take care of.. Crankwalk CAN be prevented.

1) dont ride the clutch
2) dis-engauge the neutral safety switch

and there are acouple of other things they mentioned on some of the DSM sites.

Well, I did just get my ACT scores (30) and won that Presidents Academic award or whatever it's called. Not bad for not taking math or science for two years.

tell them that honda just recently recalled your old car and it wouldnt be
safe to drive one.

OR do as i did when i wanted mommy and daddy to buy me (several) new cars
when i was around your age....

FUCK UP the car u got right now. beat it, crash it, abuse it. youll be sittin in your new
car in no time

Originally posted by karnash@May 20 2003, 07:00 AM
FUCK UP the car u got right now. beat it, crash it, abuse it. youll be sittin in your new
car in no time

Sheeeeeit, does that work? I think I'll go drain my oil right now....:D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 20 2003, 09:05 AM-->
@May 20 2003, 07:00 AM
car in no time

Sheeeeeit, does that work? I think I'll go drain my oil right now....:D

:D it works all right, but your parents have to have FLOW. And it doesn't work right away. But I got my first two cars like that... I guess I got the civic like that too... :blink:

Ask them for the title for graduation. Then when you have the title, sell the car and buy your Eclipse.

For real, I can't remember the first time my dad bought me anything. I bought my car and my bike with my own money, it's the best feeling you can have.
On the other hand, free stuff kicks ass. Tell them, DSM trannies suck ass. Oh wait, good stuff. Tell them on the latest consumer report that automatic 4 door accords with their horn buttons painted blue are like #5 on the most stolen list.

"FUCK UP the car u got right now. beat it, crash it, abuse it. youll be sittin in your new car in no time"

That reminded me of the thread where a guy asked how to remove scratches and everyone told him to use 80 grit sandpaper. :lol:

Here's the car I might get:

eclipsegst.jpg

Needs a little bit of work, but oh well. First thing to go are the wheels. Only downside is that it's only :rolleyes: the GS-T.

Back