Rebuild Head Or Replace Motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vette69

Hello all, excuse me if topic has been addressed before, this is my first visit to this forum. I blew a head gasket on my '86 CRX and just pulled it from the motor. I found 2 burned valves thath will need to be replaced.

My question is, should I just rebuild that head, get a head from another car, or do an engine swap. I don't want to put a whole lot of money in it, and it doesn't need to have tons of power as it is just my commuter car. Fuel mileage is my number one priority, however, who doesn't want more power.

Any advice is greatlt appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

do a mini-me head swap. thats putting vtec head one your existing block, making ur car vtec...
i have a d16y8 head off a 97 ex for sale btw....!

I don't think a mini-me will work on his 86 FIRST GEN. Do you have an SI? Unfortunately we do not have a lot of first gen CRX guys on here. I would try www.crx.org and look at their message baord. They might be able to help you a little more than we can. You can also look into putting in an 86-87 integra engine. It pretty much bolts in and will give your more horsepower for not too much more money.

Thanks for the info. It is a DX not a SI.

Thanks again
Brad

Back