rebuild master cylinder?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

i have 2 master cylinders one from a 95 integra gsr which is still good and then another from a 91 integra i think that isnt good. i was wonder if i could take them apart and swap what ever is inside with the other so i could use the 91 integra one. are they rebuildable??

If they are the same size I don't see why not, I swapped a couple little parts from my 91 Civics over to a 94 Del Sols (resevior, rings and fittings). My question would be why would you want to use old used parts to rebuild the hard working parts inside it though. If you're going to go through the trouble, you might as well buy a new plunger (or whatever the technical name is)

i want to rebuild the 91 master cylinder because the brake line fittings are in the same place as my stock civic ones so i dont have to bend the lines to put a 1" master cylinder in it.

That's what I did, used a 91 Civic 14/16's MC, with the Del Sol resevior, and I may be selling the booster and GSR 15/16's I have if the feel is good when I get it on the road tomorrow.

yeah cept im using a 91 integra one i think. the bolt patern is different on the booster but the brake lines go into the same place. i got it from work and i wanted to see if i could rebuild it with parts off a good 95 one so that i wouldnt have to bend the lines.

Back