Rebuilding LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Im talking OEM gaskets or Oreilly (parts stores) for the rebuild in my brothers car... Yes its a G2... yes its an LS... starting burning oil, extremely bad so he picked up a set of used JDM B16 Pistons on LS rods for like $80. While doing some research he found it would net him close to if not higher than 11:1 compression. So here's our build list...

OEM Honda Gasket Kit (top end kit/lower conversion kit) from Jay Wolfe Acura - 816-942-1550 - $280.82/$60.94
OEM Bearings & Thrust Washers from Jay Wolfe Acura - 816-942-1550 - $100 (using these no matter what)
Oreilly Gasket Kits (top end kit/lower conversion kit) - $192/$35
Getting the Block Decked, Cleaned and Honed @ Hurst Imports on 40 hwy ($75)
Getting the Head Milled @.020" @ Hurst Imports on 40 hwy ($20)
Cometic 2 Layer Headgasket from http://raceeng.com $60
Total Seal Rings from http://raceeng.com - $95
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket from Dale @ Forward Thrust $55

If theres anything Im missing please let me know... I realize assembly lube will be needed and all thats covered... Thanks for any and all help...

to get a head milled for 20 and a block decked and honed for 75 whould make me question as to why it is so cheap. also look for cheaper gasket kits for local parts places. you will need some plasti gauge too. You willalso need some antseize compound, and silicon

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Aug 30 2004, 12:07 PM
to get a head milled for 20 and a block decked and honed for 75 whould make me question as to why it is so cheap. also look for cheaper gasket kits for local parts places. you will need some plasti gauge too. You willalso need some antseize compound, and silicon
[post=383735]Quoted post[/post]​

I pretty much knew that, already. As far as prices go... I know the owner Of Hurst Import and I talked to him at the begining of the summer about my build. He said I could use his facilities and he would walk me through it... doing one of everything, then allowing me to do the rest. I can learn it. He's built many Nissan engines... so I assume he'd know this... he also sponsors my car club. So, thanks.

Back