rebuilt d16z6 whp question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

I have a noob question. Roughly about how much horsepower and torque could I get out of a rebuilt d16z6 bored .020 over, AEM V2 CAIS, Nology spark plug wires, skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 ecu????

Would you recommend getting a 4-1 or 4-2-1 Header?????
What would you recomment about the inlet diameter on the exhaust??????

My goal is to have this car somewhere in the 14's..... no turbo just n/a. ummmm I need some advice.....Im kinda tight on my budget but I just wanna get a good setup first.....So what do you think a really good setup is to get in the 14's or somewhere around there?

Okay Im understanding now.......would you know how much compression I get with my rebuilt d16z6 bored .020 over? And just say if I installed a new cam would I still have to get it tuned without all the other parts???? Whats a good website for these upgraded all motor parts???

Okay well ill tell you exactly what im doing......I getting my motor next friday and I really dont wanna wait for a few months to save money and buy a bunch of performance parts and then put my engine in, so next friday im putting my motor in. How hard is it to install internal performance parts when the motor is already in??????

It varies from part to part. It's always easier with the engine out, but I wouldn't let that keep you from driving it in the mean time.

Tell me about it. This "hobby" is draining my bank account and making me frustrated. But, it'll all be worth it when my project is done.

Yea I see what you guys are saying.......I think the best thing to do for now is just drive it for awhile and when I have the money and time, start upgrading my motor. Well thanks for all the info.

Actually, other than i/h/e, i think most of your energy should go into suspension.

I really dont know what kind of springs I have....I bought the car with those spring in it and I never asked him what they are.....

Back