Recaro seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

because I flamed him at first, It is my duty to bump this thread so that it actually gets some respect.

:huh: I CANT BELIEVE IT!! i'm going to email Recaro myself.. say it aint so, say it aint so..btw what are the prices on both the seats?

Nobody ever believs me about these product re-badging things.

Arospeed pair w/rails: $682
Recaro equiv pair : $1,100 without rails.

note that they are the EXACT SAME SEAT. The box even says recaro all over it. lol. See the thread on page 1 that sol posted.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Aug 19 2003, 07:06 PM

note that they are the EXACT SAME SEAT. The box even says recaro all over it. lol. See the thread on page 1 that sol posted.

Actually if you care to check out the website I link, which is Recaros website, you will see that they actually start at 595 euros, which is roughly $650, so the Recaros badged Recaro are actually cheaper.

does anyone know what was the highest rated seat as far as safety is concerned. Cause I have heard that some seats out there aren't tested that high, I know sparco is tested on the most vigorous of these safety testing.

but shit, reclining arospeeds doesn't sound bad for that price tag, all i have to do is rip off the arospeed stiching :D

I can't believe there is a company out there called low boyz...lol

all this shit makes me want to buy a chevelle with a 454

Milan

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 19 2003, 01:18 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Aug 19 2003, 07:06 PM

Actually if you care to check out the website I link, which is Recaros website, you will see that they actually start at 595 euros, which is roughly $650, so the Recaros badged Recaro are actually cheaper.

I just pulled prices off your average import parts store website, I'm sure there are better deals for both.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 19 2003, 01:19 PM
does anyone know what was the highest rated seat as far as safety is concerned. Cause I have heard that some seats out there aren't tested that high, I know sparco is tested on the most vigorous of these safety testing.

but shit, reclining arospeeds doesn't sound bad for that price tag, all i have to do is rip off the arospeed stiching :D

Milan

car club names are the worst man.

Down low Kustomz, loq boyz, 2 low kuztomz, 3rd grade educashinz

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 19 2003, 10:19 AM

Milan

look for FIA approved seats

As far as I have heard, Sparco's are the only seat that is a legal replacement for your oe seats... they go through the same tests.... That is what I read somewhere....

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 19 2003, 08:07 PM
As far as I have heard, Sparco's are the only seat that is a legal replacement for your oe seats... they go through the same tests.... That is what I read somewhere....

Since Recaro makes OEM seats for many manufacturers, including Honda, along with airplane seats, it is safe to say they are approved above and beyond most aftermarket manufacturers.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 19 2003, 02:19 PM

Yea, I was reading some other forum and someone asked "are low boyz coilovers any good" I told him, I have never seen them heard and reviews good or bad, but 99% of the time when a company subsitutes z's of s's, you can pretty much bet that they are a peice of shit.

If they are 650 for the SET, that is a great price, I thought that they were 650 for A seat.

Were the hell is everyone finding the prices. I have been looking and have not found anyone who sells the seats.

Back