Reccommended turbo application

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

what turbo should i apply on a D15b7 block,with a D16z6 head?

The 14b and t25 are both quick spooling turbos. It really depends on what you want your power output to be. Some people are using bigger turbos on their sohc motors and making big power tuned on an engine management system.

ohh,i only want to achieve 200 to 220 whp off that turbo..because i have a realistic goal of 13's or low 12's...and i believe that u dont need a high end amount of horsepower to achieve 12's....

im more of a daily driver crx,but if someone tries to test me,i can casually beat other cars,with little effort

the only other problem i have,is planning...i want to start planning on setting up my car for Forced induction..but the main problem im running into,is exhaust...if i get 3" piping right now..it will decrease my performance...etc....but also..its almost november,which means its getting cold..which means racing season is almost over...so now would be the best time to start building up the car for a turbo setup...anyone have any ideas for me? cus i plan for this car to have anywhere from 220 to 250 whp (no more..i dont need 300,even though it would be nice to get 275 or so),run 12's in the QM...and also be eye candy for other people,and be and enjoyable driving machine.

going to a 3" now isn't that big of a deal. The only problem is that a 3" cat back won't bolt to a stock cat. upgrading to a 3" cat, and your cat won't bolt to your header... its kinda a one-shot deal

you aren't going to hit 275 off a 14b or a t25. no way.

if it were my car, i'd be looking at the disco potato.

http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/gagtdpo.html

and hondata

http://hondata.com

and some 440cc injectors

and a 3 bar GM map sensor

and some dyno time with a reputible tuner

and a couple spare blocks.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 19 2004, 05:40 PM
going to a 3" now isn't that big of a deal. The only problem is that a 3" cat back won't bolt to a stock cat. upgrading to a 3" cat, and your cat won't bolt to your header... its kinda a one-shot deal

you aren't going to hit 275 off a 14b or a t25. no way.

if it were my car, i'd be looking at the disco potato.

http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/gagtdpo.html

and hondata

http://hondata.com

and some 440cc injectors

and a 3 bar GM map sensor

and some dyno time with a reputible tuner

and a couple spare blocks.
[post=404857]Quoted post[/post]​

so your sayin,if i get 3 inch piping,and a 3 inch cat..i will HAVE to get a turbo manifold for it all to bolt up completely right?...so i guess i should hold off on the piping,and worry about more important things.

you could go through a lot of work to make a custom 1 7/8" -2" stock or aftermarket header collector to a 3" flange, but its a lot of work for nothing. i'd just wait and do it all at once.

hey Sol..just one more quick question...since your the one who referred me to Kteller.com for exhaust piping...lets say i get 2.5 inch piping (OEM routing,not catback)...and a Apexi N1 muffler...i wont have "Clearance" issues will I?

naw.... its all how you mount it.
going with custom piping, you won't have the mad tite JDM n1 out the middle angle'ed up look.... unless you build it that way.

heres my 3" i don't have any other god pics i can find at the moment... but it comes striaght out liek a normal exahust.

DSC01164.JPG

well,i kinda want it cocked to the side (not to look cool,but so i wont scrape as much)....and also angle'd upwards (also so i wont scrape as much)....so im guessing the piping from k teller wont do that for me huh?

well do u know any other 2.5 " piping kits for the crx that will give me clearance so i can angle it?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 22 2004, 12:22 PM
just buy the kteller pipe set, cut and weld it to the angles you want

it's nothing a chop saw and a mig welder can't do bro
[post=406170]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you,thats all i needed to hear

I wish I could weld. If I could go back and change anything, I'd learn to weld. Calculus blows.

Originally posted by [Freemantle]@Oct 22 2004, 01:12 PM
I wish I could weld. If I could go back and change anything, I'd learn to weld. Calculus blows.
[post=406191]Quoted post[/post]​

its better to be able to caculate your compression and air/fuel ratio,than to be able to melt two pipes together :)

Back