Received JDM B16A....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Meso

This is my first Honda JDM motor. I have ordered and received a B16A JDM from our local import shop. I want to make sure that the #1 cylinder is a top dead center. And I know that when the piston is in the compression stroke the pressure will move my finger back (American made). But how and what do I use to feel the pressure? My finger is not that long. Is there a tool that reads and is long enough.

extention pressure hose.

Is there such a thing as a extention pressure gauge. What I mean is, from the valve cover to the spark plug openning, the distance is about a foot. My finger will not reach that far...:cool:

your finger won't be able to tell compression at all. it can MOVE up and down (use a long skinny screw driver through the spark plug hole with the plug out)

How to do a Compression Test

those are obviously for a DSM, but the technique is pretty much the same.

If you're trying to find TDC at #1, use the timing marks on the crank pulley and timing cover. Feeling for the compression stroke is not the way to do it. It's not accurate, and could cause you to mess up your valve/ignition timing. Get a Hayne's/Chilton manual and do it right. A Helms manual would be best, but they are more expensive.
Go to:
www.helminc.com

Thanks.

KLYPH, thanks. Now thats what i'm talking about. Thats why Honda is a better product because of people like me who want to bang there fingers up by sticking them where they don't belong...:spin:

Back