Receivers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Anyone have good experiences? I'm looking to upgrade from the home-theatre-in-a-box, and was looking at recievers in the 300-400 price range. I have a 40.00 gift certificate to crutcfield, and 75.00 to best buy, but before I buy anything, I was wondering on experiences, reccomendations for one.

local public library should have consumer reports, or consumer digest...

thats where i would look, then when you figure which ones you like based on the reports, then ask for personal experiences for those models...

my old man did this about 5 years back and went with onkyo...

+1 i have last years version, it rocks.

Full rated watts own.

i have 2 years ago's version :p 601 i think it was called back then. only 6.1 (7.1 wasn't even out unless you were dropping 10k on a denon)

DSC01222.JPG

if you do use crutchfield be sure to use Bs referral code to save some money.

Quoted post[/post]]
if you do use crutchfield be sure to use Bs referral code to save some money.

werd :) it give syou 20 bucks off, and me too on my next order... which will be sometime soon, i'm sure :p

sure, cruthcfield doesn't have the best prices around, but their service is bar-none.

it onyl works for new people.. if you already have an account, it won't work :cry:

onkyo for a good priced/quality denon for superior quality/and higher price ane you geting some spekers too
i would recoment some infinitys i have olwas had good luck with there stuff

i was looking into a home "theater" system. Although im primarily looking for a all-in-one system for a medium sized bedroom/medium sized living room in the near future ... saw this.. HERE

anything listed as 1000 watts that isn't pro club gear is a waste of money. seriously.

Total output: 1000 watts (speakers: 167W x 5, 1kHz, 10% THD; subwoofer: 167W @ 100Hz, 10% THD)

they rate it based on what the speakers can hold... which is bullshit.

you have NO idea what the amp is capable of.

HDMI Inputs No
DVI Inputs No
Digital Input 2 coaxial, 1 optical
Stereo Audio Inputs/Outputs 3/1
S-Video Inputs/Outputs 0/1
Component Video Inputs No
Component Video Outputs 1
HDMI Outputs No
DVI Outputs No

you get what you pay for...

I'm all about the onkyo as well. When I get a house next year I'll definitely be buying the S701 system.

My father has the Yamaha RX V2500 7.1 Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver . It is bad ass. Ian has seen it hooked to his plasma tv :) This reciever is the best quality i have seen in someone's home stereo.

rxv2500_main.gif

here you go

Infinity Home Theater Speaker System TSS 450 list price $399 you can get them for about $200

Onkyo Surround Sound Receiver TX-SR303 list price $199 thy can be found pretty cheap $100 or is what i have seen them at

Back