Recent Movies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93solman

I just finished watching a couple of movies that are coming out on video on Tuesday, and here's what I think of them:

Tears of the Sun: An attempt to re-make Platoon that didn't as good a job. It was decent, but if you want to watch a movie like that, stick to Platoon.

Old School: Funny as hell. Not quite as good as Animal House, but still really good. Will Ferrel is absolutely hilarious. I would recommend this one.

Already been released:

Animatrix: If you liked Matrix:Reloaded, you'll like this one. It's just a couple of short storiesin and around the "matrix", but it helps to explain the war, and some of the animation is just incredible.

About Schmidt: Didn't go anywhere. It just ambled about with no sense of direction, and there is a scene with Kathy Bates naked ( :puke: ) good to watch if you want to waste 2 hours.

Nothing will top animal house, I thought that old school was pretty weak.

I like these movie:
Cannibal the Musical
The cable guy
offic space
lord of the rings
dances with wolves<<--great movie

Milan

I think he was talking about recent movies Milan, but anywho you guys should check these movies out:

-Reqiuem for a Dream
-Basketball Diaries
-American History X
-Falling Down
-"O"
-Trainspotting

All pretty crazy movies. My style i guess... :)

Don't forget Donny Darko Mang!

Edward Norton was bad ass in American History X IMO

American History X got 2 :thumbsdown: from me. Mainly because I am sick of hearing the media backed version of the term "skinhead". <rant> That movie was not about skinheads, it was about Neo Nazis (before you post swearing up and down that they are the same thing do us a favor and swallow your tounge). Skinheads are not Nazis, they are not racist, they are not anything that the media has labeled them. I do not know what started this misinterpretation, but it is complete bullshit. </rant>

it's a movie. it's entertainment. it's not an autobiography of the art of skinheads.

hell, the whole moral of the story is that people can be changed by their enviroment.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 8 2003, 11:07 PM
it's a movie. it's entertainment. it's not an autobiography of the art of skinheads.

hell, the whole moral of the story is that people can be changed by their enviroment.

I suppose, but the above rant is the biggest reason I didn't care for it. A close second is I don't have the stomach for that kind of graphic violence.

ok if you guys want a movie list, here you go:

1. The Godfather(the original one)
2. Bullitt (greatest car chase scene ever)
3. The Legend of Drunken Master
4. Jackass
5. Matrix

I just saw the most amazing movie ever today, its called The Curve. I know its old but my god, talk about a twisted ending. Any of you who have seen it, you know what i'm talking about.

What would you do for a 4.0 :lol:

a movie that is wicked badass if your interested in psychology is "Identity"

Back