Recommended Suspension Choices?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok looks like I'll be getting the PIC Apex for coilovers and the NEUSPEED front upper strut bar. I'll look around for a used one for a month or so. It'd be nice to get one for $35 since they run like $150 new.

Still trying to find a good choice for a 22mm rear sway bar though.

Oh on another note I found a pair of 2000 Si rims for $300 within 20 minutes of where I live, when the guy emails me back with a picture, I'll make a decision. The ad doesn't say what kind of tires, other than the fronts are new and the rears are 70%.

Last edited:
neuspeed for the win. The key is to avoid anything with a swivel/bolt attachment, like most of the medium and lower lines have.

Tires are key, avoid companies like federal and contintental and such, otherwise you'll be like how I used to and squeel and slide out and not actually be able to use your suspension. HELL even with my EXPENSIVE re-92 potenza's on my tc, it slides wayy too much just because they're a high mileage tire and not a soft compound, and cheaper tires that will wear out faster can be had.

Yea right now with my steelies and like Toyo's I think, whenever I get a little aggressive around a corner they let out a horrible shriek. I try to avoid that usually. Sometimes it happens even when I don't corner hard. Quality tires right there.

Can anybody recommend a good brand for a rear sway bar? I've been looking all over and I can't find a 22mm rear sway bar for my year of Civic sedan.

Edit again: I think I found some finally, just wasn't using the correct wording in Google.

Edit again: Ahhh still can't find 22mm ones.

Edit again: What do you guys think of this brand?
Honda 1992-1995 Civic - Progress Technology Rear Sway Bar 22mm 62.1003 >> Progress Technology Rear Anti-sway bar

Last edited:
Oh nice thanks, a direct link. You're very helpful EG6sir. The ITR rear sway bar is just bolt on I assume, another one of those nice direct swap over parts off of the Integra.

Edit: Oh I think I misread that, even if I get the ITR rear sway bar I still have to get the LCA's and the subframe brace? Depending on the price of the different LCA's and the subframe brace, I may just stick with just the coilovers, the front upper strut bar, and the different rims and tires for now...

Last edited:
Whoa that's a sweet deal. Would those be what I want though? Are they comparable to those PIC Apex that someone told me to get a little ways back? If they are I'm might have to get them.

i told you to get the PICs.. i'm just trying to save you some money.. you cant go wrong either way.. the spring rates on those Omnis is a little higher than the PICs P1s

Ok I think I'll just stick with the PICs then that way I don't have to worry about getting scammed or anything. Not that I'm saying that I would get scammed, it's probably just safer to go through PIC Apex though. I like that they you say they aren't too stiff too, I don't want something crazy stiff.

well, the PICs are stiff... the P2s were anyways.. not sure on the P1.. i'm sure they'd be more streetable than the ones i had.. i didnt have a problem with them on the street though

When I say I don't want something too stiff, I just mean I don't want something that is going to be unsettled by small bumps, if it's a little harsh that's fine. I just don't want the suspension to be getting unsettled all the time.

Haha okay , I think you're probably misunderstanding me when I say unsettled. Seeing as unsettled is a matter of opinion. But to me unsettled means wheels leaving the ground. Like I just don't want my wheels hopping all over the place, I know that some really stiff suspension can cause your car to do that if you're not on a track.

Last edited:
I've never been in a car that does that either, that's just what I meant when I said unsettled ;). A harsh ride isn't going to bug me none.

Yea I wish I had the funds to build a race car. If there was any type of track within reasonable distance of my house, my Dad and I would have already built a race car of some sort.

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions.

Now I will just wait to see if I can find a used NEUSPEED front upper strut bar on Craiglist for cheap and probably be ordering the PIC Apex P1s. I'll continue my search for some decent used rims and tires. And I'll do some more research on what all you have to have to install a 22mm rear sway bar.

Ahhh the PIC Apex P1s are sold out till April. Oh well guess I'll just keep saving that money. They're ones I want I've read reviews, so I suppose I'll just be patient *sigh*. I can always get the NEUSPEED strut bar without having to get the PICs. I suppose I'll be getting wheels too before I get the PICs.

Back