red hot ICE???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yea, but thermite would've melted that piece of metal too!(in other words, not hot enough for it to explode). I guess another myth for Mythbusters to bust.

I wasn't insinuating that they used thermite, but rather, that ice would explode when heated to those temperatures that rapidly...

Understood, I was just implying that maybe it wasn't hot enough to cause the ice to explode. There's obviously no temperature change to the ice itself as it's retaining it's shape. Though, we don't really know. Not much information from the video. I'd just like to see someone else try it. What is assumed is the ice is not being heated, just the metal. Someone suggested it's high frequency energy; could be that(though I don't know what that is, lol).

Ya but the ice turns red and starts to "burn"...I dunno. I don't buy it. I'm a skeptic though.

Refer to the previous posts(mainly Klyph's, who should somewhat be an expert on ice, lol); it might not actually be burning, but rather just an illusion(maybe caused by the heat source/energy source under the ice).

Back