Redline or Not??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChicagoHatch

When ever i race i make sure i touch the redline atleast for a second, is this recomended??

what kind of car and what kind of engine?

some engines (like the h22) stop making power before the redline.

ChicagoHatch said:
When ever i race i make sure i touch the redline atleast for a second, is this recomended??

depends on the cam in your car.

You should feel your car start to make less power towards redline. Some cars like my old B16 civic and bikes like my CBR F4i make power all the way up. others like the Audi A4 or BMW 225/330CI tend to fall short on power after X many RPM and need to be shifted.

Just feel for it. kinda like shifting with out an RPM gauge. it's all about the feel.

i have a Honda Eg6 with a D16z6, i really cant feel the diff unless i dive deep into the redline, doesnt the AEM V-tech controller help with the redline situation??

My Accord NA liked to be tached all the way out, seemed to make good power all the way to the fuel cut. Now that its turbo, I can feel it start to nose over around 6K or so, so now I shift at 6K.

racing with a z6.... is jsut a waste of gas :)

TrailerParkPimpsDad said:
Racing any honda is just a waste of gas... for the other car. :p

Too bad any honda that makes any real power waste gas like no other.
thankfully most hondas make no power and are nothing speical =)

I don't know much about this redline stuff, but when I was shopping for my B16a2 my redline is 8200 but the site said 170hp@7800rpm so I wouldn't push it. I don't know much about the D16s though.

sleeper1.6 said:
I don't know much about this redline stuff, but when I was shopping for my B16a2 my redline is 8200 but the site said 170hp@7800rpm so I wouldn't push it. I don't know much about the D16s though.

My old SIR motor had a redline of 8500 =) JDM yo

mine has a redline of 8200 also, but when i shift at 6500-7000 it seems to have more power going into the next gear

good answers everybody.

it is a combination of motor reline cut off bla bla bla

if you are going na stock d series take that bitch to redline to keep your self in your powerban for the next gear. if you are turbo depends when your turbo spools if you want to take it past you max hp. if you spool fast take it to you max hp and keep the gass down while you shift : ). if you spool late in the rpm like 6000 rpms :( take it till youll get boost in your next gear..... or drive normal and shift at 2500 and save gass. i test drove a civic cause i need a new car and the clutch was sliping at 3500 rpm. and the guy said it dose not do that if you dont drive it hard. i almost busted out in a histarical maner.

best way to tell is have the car dynoed to see where your max hp is. you should shift just after your max hp if not right no it. h22's make power till 7200-7300 but fuel cut is at 7800

for example at the track i shifter consistently at 7300 and ran 14.85 and when i shifted at 7800 i ran 15.01 same 60fts

that lets you see that if you are shifting after your max hp you will be losing time like someone has already said

Back