Reformating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FFCiv

my friend is trying to reformat or or format(is there a diff) his labtop because it is running like shit. He has Win xp and thats what he wants to load on after he deletes everything. . I had him go into the command prompt and try format C: but it said invalid drive specification.... any1 know why?

just put in the winXp disc start the computer let it boot from the CD and follow the instructions.

Exactly load the XP cd and make sure you have a good XP Pruduct KEY,
restart the computer it will ask you to agree press F8 and continue,now you reformat the drive and continue about your daily bussiness.

w00t something like that i havent formated in a while.

he tried it but it requires the old CD key but he doesn't know it because he's using a diff disc... any way to find out what the old one is?

it shouldn't require the old key...

hell, put in a 98 boot disk... get a C: prompt with CD support

cd A:
format c:
are you sure, yes
let it do its thing
reboot with xp cd in tray, and it should pick up and start the instal

Get a medium sized bulk eraser (big degausser) and just hold it over the laptop's hard drive... turn it on, then go have a beer. Come back and your hard drive is formatted... for good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 26 2004, 01:33 AM
Get a medium sized bulk eraser (big degausser) and just hold it over the laptop's hard drive... turn it on, then go have a beer. Come back and your hard drive is formatted... for good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HEHEHEHHEHEHAHAHAHAHHAHHHEHEEHEHEH

:withstupid:

FDisk doesn't format crap. It just allows you to play with partition creation in a really rudimentary way.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 28 2004, 03:06 AM
FDisk doesn't format crap. It just allows you to play with partition creation in a really rudimentary way.

you have to format afterwards though. :)

Back