rehaul 90 civic hatchback engine & EVERYTHING

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

good times

im gettin a 90 civic hatchback rehauled with a new engine and exhaust system since one of the cylinders gave. i have about 3000 to spend and i cant do it myself. i would like something with bit more performance than the standard factory. On the exhaust, i would like something not crazy sounding but something that has a deep clean tone but nothin too loud and obnoxious. i would like to get racing suspension but i got no idea how much its gonna cost.

the car is also a 4spd which is a bit awkward........is it worth changin to a 5spd even if the transmission is relatively new (6 months)

Any tips and/or suggestions would be mostly appreciated thanks!!! :spin:

4spd? Wouldn't that be in a HF civic ie 60ish HP. Looking for preformance? Get yourself aleast a SOHC or DOHC JDM ZC (128hp) engine/transaxle to be on the cheap side. B16/B18 with custom mount could be an option also.

$3000. I would sell your civic and get either #1. A 92-96 Civic SI #2 a cheap early 90's Teg's #3 A 90/91 Civic SI

Read more up on Honda's and also check out Nissan 240sx's cheap and some what more decent power stock.

Back