remote keyless entry???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

karrar55

I have a 93 honda accord and I want to know if i can get a after market alarm/keyless entry remote to work on my cars horn instead of using the alarms horn?? so basically i want the horn to sound when i lock the car, just like the new hondas!! Thanks guys!!!

Yes of course you can. The installer will probably charge you a small extra fee as it requires a relay.

IMO it's highly annoying. Only the cheap alarm systems like Karr or the dealer installed alarms use the horn. Hopefully your neighbors don't complain and have you cited for noise. People are more tolerant of alarm sirens.

Yes of course you can. The installer will probably charge you a small extra fee as it requires a relay.

IMO it's highly annoying. Only the cheap alarm systems like Karr or the dealer installed alarms use the horn. Hopefully your neighbors don't complain and have you cited for noise. People are more tolerant of alarm sirens.

True on the relay required to sound the horn in place of a siren.
Sirens use positive polarity as, your car horn requires a negative.
Keep in mind, if you do add a realy for your horn, it will honk continuously for a
minute straight once activated. :cool:

There are alarms that are designed to use your car horn.
Your best source is a local stereo/alarm dealer.

True on the relay required to sound the horn in place of a siren.
Sirens use positive polarity as, your car horn requires a negative.
Keep in mind, if you do add a realy for your horn, it will honk continuously for a
minute straight once activated. :cool:

There are alarms that are designed to use your car horn.
Your best source is a local stereo/alarm dealer.

If you were going to use the siren output then what he says is true. Even then, some alarms allow you to program the siren output to a pulsed output.

Most alarms have a dedicated negative pulsed horn output. You still need a relay because it's a low current output.

I recommend DEI brand alarms.

Good luck finding a good installer in this economy. Best Buy's installers are all shit with few exceptions. Local shops sometimes have good installers but there's no way of knowing until it's too late. And you're much more likely to get ripped off by a small shop.

Back