removing rocker shafts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
I'm trying to remove the rocker shafts from my h22, but they don't want to come out. I've removed the plugs and threaded a 12mm bolt into the ends of the shafts like the book says, but... Do I just pull them or do I have to rotate them or something? Thanks for your help! :worthy:

P.S. sorry for posting in the wrong thread before, I realized this is not a swap question after I posted it. :p

I refuse to believe that no one knows how to remove rocker shafts in the "engine building" section!!! Please help!

Yeah, I figured it out on my own. <_<

For anyone else that is wondering how.... I don't know if its the same as the B-series, but for the H22 you have to remove two little "pins" on the side opposite the distributor before you can pull the shafts out. After that, they slide out pretty easily.

Droppin' it off tomarrow for a full port n polish, valve job, etc...

If I had seen this thread, I would have told you about those pins- but I'm not on during the weekends. Oh well, too bad. We're not an information help desk or anything you know- people answer when they're here, and not everyone knows the same stuff.

That does sound exactly like a B block though- my service manual told me about the pins though. It was pretty easy- you just have to make sure you tie up and catch all the followers as they come out.

Yeah, I rubber-banded 'em together. Thanks for your help though. I was thinking that more people would be on during the weekend compared to the weekdays cuzz of work, etc. Oh well. Thanks anyway!

Sorry, had to work all weekend. Yep, that is exactly what I had to with my b16a head. I never thought about rubber banding the rockers though. I just pulled the shaft, and then slid the rocker arms onto the shaft that was already slid out of the head. Then set the set down on a level surface so nothing would slide off. worked fine for me, and all of the vted pins are still where they are supposed to be. Just fyi, a non vtec head doesn't have rockershafts, at least the b series heads don't. :D

Back