replaceing my radiator on my 91 accord, a few ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91accordwithwork

kid that everyone loves!
ok so i really need a new radiator in my accord, but i dont now how to go about this. Do i just buy a new radiator off ebay, take out the old one and put the new one in? or do i need any other parts,, ?? i hjeard i need a new condensor also, is that true?? or can i just replace my radiator?

thanks

just go get one at your local parts store its a level 2 also, just take the hoses off and a few bolts and it will come right out then just replace it with the new one, no need for anything else but fluid to fill it

well the only way you would need a new condenser is if you ac was messed up thats has nothing to do with the radiator. you can get one off eBay but they gonna be about the same price at autozone. it would just save you time and money if there was something wrong with the new one

yah ok ok thank you tech

but the only thing is checker auto parts quoted me 99.99 + tax

ebay is

14.95 +45.95 shipping....?

idk what to get tho?

goo dpoint tech, ill just get it at the local place cause that way i can get it right there and then and also i can always return defectinve parts

thanks tech!

I would go ebay myself, but that's my opinion. If you can wait a couple of days for the $35 you save that is. The only difference is that sometimes the ebay fits a little worse than the OEM, but the cheap auto place one will probably be the same fit as ebay.

If you have to take it back, local is always better though.

oh, and when you buy coolant, don't buy the premix. they try to charge you the same price as the 50/50 so people reach for it instead. What some people don't realize is that they are paying the same price for half the antifreeze.

the reason i say local is if you get a bad one and have to send it back then your gona have to pay to ship it if you get it from ebay

I bought an big fm intercooler for my daytona. Similar design to a radiator. It was packaged pretty well, but I can't promise that your radiator would be the same.

Yeah, the low risk option would be to go local.

ok thanks guys, i guess it depends on the money i will have ,

but thanks so much guys!

go to local auto parts and buy a new one, easy to put in, that way you can return it if there is a problem but most likely wont be any , the condeser stays, not related
Frank Allen

Back