Replacing ALL gaskets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

Ok, I am replacing ALL the gaskets in my D16Z6 before I boost it. Do I need any kind of sealent? What kind should I use. I dunno if I do or not, just checking. Thanks in advance.

i would go to a honda dealer and get some hondabond.....dont remember which gaskets you have to use some on....but do indeed get a tube of it...maybe 2....i would use it on the pan gasket now that i think of it

Lets see...know nothing about d-series, but on my b18, I had to use hondabond on the rear main seal where the plate bolts to the block, on the mounting of the oil pump, the oil pan, in the corners of the valvecover where the cam caps are, and I believe on the cylinder head coolant discharge going to the top of the radiator. That's about all I can think of.

Quoted post[/post]]
Lets see...know nothing about d-series, but on my b18, I had to use hondabond on the rear main seal where the plate bolts to the block, on the mounting of the oil pump, the oil pan, in the corners of the valvecover where the cam caps are, and I believe on the cylinder head coolant discharge going to the top of the radiator. That's about all I can think of.
alright cool, I will go to honda and get some..I thought I needed some :p

how is it 15$ cheaper? Hondabond is only like 8$ a tube. It's not the same either, as I've used both. Grey is satisfactory for some stuff, but I developed leaks with it. I have yet to have a leak using hondabond. Just my .02. Grey may or may not work for you.

Back