Replacing Factory Speakers-removing Cover

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lark1000

I am replacing all 4 of the factory speakers. On the two front ones Im having no problems at all. The covers pop off very easily. The two back ones are a little tougher. I have tried to pry them off like I did the front and they just wont give. I am afraid I am going to break these they are so tight. Do I have to go about removing the rear ones differently than the front? Thanks!

haha thats because they don't pop off. get in the trunk and look at them from underneath. Unless they are on the side, then you might have to take the whole panel off

pull (carfully) on the rear center cover to remove it, this will expose the 2 screws for each speaker cover, romve those 4 screws (2 each) and pull the speaker covers off, then remove the screws holding the speakers in. . . done

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Apr 10 2003, 04:29 PM
pull (carfully) on the rear center cover to remove it, this will expose the 2 screws for each speaker cover, romve those 4 screws (2 each) and pull the speaker covers off, then remove the screws holding the speakers in. . . done

I tried what you said but its extreemly tight to pull. I pulled out all around where I could and looked with a flashlight but couldnt see anything resembling screws or anything that really seemed to hold it on. Could there be any other way or could I have a different style?

I did figure something out and I think I mis understood what you wrote but have it now. I pulled the full corner panel off with the speaker cover attached to it. It kinda bends open now but not enough to get a screw driver inside it. It looks like I have to now remove the center panel that runs along the bottom of the rear window now. How do I remove that panel?

like i said the rear center panel (under the back window. .. hehe) push your fingers in on the top between the window and the plastic cover and pull hard with a very quick motion (like rippin tape off your own arm, not someone elses) any pull fast and hard, like . .. ahh nevermind. the cover is held in with like 8-10 plastic clips and can be in very tight, you might break a few but no biggie 6 clips held my sols cover in :D

Back