1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

replacing torn seats??? 92 Si

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by bdogggut34, Jul 21, 2004.

1. bdogggut34

bdogggut34 Senior Member

I'm looking to replace my old torn up seats in my 92 Si but i really dont see myselft spending $300 a piece on seats like recaros and such, is there really anything wrong with the seats sold in pairs on ebay.

example these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33701

or even these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33701

now i know the second ones are not "real" mugens but i think they look good. So are there really any big disadvantages to me getting these to replace my torn up seats???

2. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Links are dead but you get what you pay for, Comfort may be an issue if your fat also.

3. bdogggut34

bdogggut34 Senior Member

sorry, links should work now. I'm a 200 pounder so i'm not worried about that by no means i guess. I think they look good but not sure if i should get them

4. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

I have set of non adjustable sparco's im looking to sell with brackets already for a 92-65 Civic. Im looking for 400 plus shipping

5. Qwikcivic

Qwikcivic Senior Member

Just buy some integra seats cloth or leather

6. GeorgeLouis1618

GeorgeLouis1618 Junior Member

Definately gonna have to agree with the posts before me.

Friend of mine paid 300 a peice for Corbeau's plus whatever rails cost. Daily driving, I dont think so.

Comfort=shit
    Quality after time=shit

I'm a good 250lbs (and losing), so comfort will definately vary for the thinner. But, they also started to fall apart after about 6 months.And hes about 150lbs. Seems coming apart, noticable wear on the fabric etc.

Could just be a bad experience with Corbeau, but I'd find some nice OE seats and not risk it. Looking for a nice set of cloth Teg seats locally, myself.

OE is the way to be! :)

7. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Well YOU'LL certainly fit right in around here...

The theory "you get what you pay for" definitely comes to mind... I plan on buying Cobra seats for my ride, but for now I rock the factorys.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted