Required Reading

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Required reading
This article is written about the guy in Colorado that has built a posh home that gets so much of it's energy from renewable sources (Sun and Wind) that he actually sells electricity back to the grid.

Amory Lovin is an alternative power researcher that has come up with solid means to de-centralize power generation in the US, as well as bring fuel-making devices into the hands of end-consumers. This is a long article, but pour yourself some coffee and read it all the way though. This guy speaks from experience - He is living his sermon everyday.

-> Steve

Well you can tell that he has acheived this not only by producing lots of power, but using little. I'm sure he's got some sort of strange refridgerator, and laptops all over the house instead of desktops. Every little bit counts. Plasma screens take less power, and chemi-lighting wherever he can.

I thought it would be a great idea that instead of getting a fridge, Get a lift-top fridge (less money, keep it in the basement or off the kitchen)(Those also keep the cold better) and get those tiny, glass doored bar fridges from Home Depot. A refridgerator is tasked with holding ALL of the food, and when you open the door all of the cold simply falls out onto the floor. IT's stupid. And then, with a solid door you have no idea what's in the fridge or not. I would say that 8 out of 10 times you open the fridge needlessly. IF you keep the volume small, and just keep the things you commonly need in the kitchen (Drinks, cold cuts and condiments) you'll save tons of power.

Also, all this work-out equipment is just wasted energy. A bike with a generator on it, a cable-weight system with a generator on it, all of things could potentially power your house with an hour's nightly work-out.

Look at your powered garage door. That things gotta take more power than it's worth.

I toured a house to buy a few years ago, and it had instead of one large ceiling attic fan, 6 small PC case fans in the roof. IT effectively cleared the heat out of the attic much faster than a regular large fan, they ran for half the time, and consumed less power.

The article points out, that it IS The little things that matter.

-> Steve

that it IS The little things that matter.

Hmmmmm....

I'm sure if someone made an item that slides over a certain member of the body, and they wore a glove of some type that when rubbed over that item, it builds up a current..while still stimutating that member...and mass produced it to the general public...as a PC power supply/charger or somthing to the like...then I'm sure it would help out the energy crisis a little....

hell...I could power New York City :ph34r:

just make sure that item is fluid proof......and has a self dispencing tissue box option. :lol:

Back