Rev Hard turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AllMotorB18Civic

Going form N/A to Boost on a budget.

Thinking about buying stage 2 Rev Hard kit for my EF GSR Civic. (stock internals for now)
I'm going to run HONDATA and race gas.
Car will not be daily drivin anyways.

Has any one had any major problems with this kit?

Does the Rev hard manifold have boost creep problems like the drag turbo manifold?

Does any one know the specs on the turbo it comes with or have the compressor map?

Should I get rid of the Vortec blow of valve it comes with and go with a Tial?

I'm also running the RH 2C kit for my B18C CRX.

The only problem worth mentioning was my kit had to be made first, and that took about a month. It was cool with me though cause in the month that I was waiting I was gathering up other parts. About boost creep, I usually hear issues with the DRAG manifolds having creep but nothing about the RH manifolds. The RH kits come with TIAL WG's, but whether or not the manifold design will creep I dunno. With the turbo specs if you dont specify they will stick a T04E turbo in there. They might give you a trm and turbine a/r not to your liking though, so you might want to specify your own turbo. I specifically asked for a T04E 60 trim compressor with a T3 0.63 a/r turbine. Some places offer upgraded turbos like a GT30R, but if you go through RH they just give you a T04E Precision turbo. Lastly, the Vortech BOV should work fine. No reason to switch over to a TIAL bov. I haven't heard anything bad about the Vortech BOV's.

EDIT: forgot to mention that with the RH kit in your EF, you will hae to get a EG sized radiator and probably an aftermarket crossmember too. I'm personally running a Full Race traction bar and their PWR shorty radiator for EF's with the FR crossmember. You'll want the crossmember for added DP clearance. And the OEM EG and Fluidyne radiator will be too tall to fit with the FR crossmember, but the PWR shorty that Full Race sells is for our cars with theircrossmember. I dont know if it was a custom order from PWR or just one of PWR's radiators, but FR has them available for us to use.

Back