Rev Limit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22aCivic97

Ok this is for you honda pros.....I have a 94 JDM H22A in my 97 civic. I had a P28 running it and I was running way rich. I switched to a P72 to see if it made a difference ie..Knock sensor, IAB sensor. It didn't, still running rich.
So now I have a P13 USDM and I'm still running rich, but now I'm hitting my rev limit at 6200 or so, and throwing a check engine light after about 10 min of driving. Switched back to the P28....no limiter.

So I jumpered the test connector and I got a solid MIL and a SRS light.

Any ideas??????

you are running rich w/ a p28??

the preludes use larger injectors.. i would think that you would be WAYYYYY lean

i am having the same problem when i jump my plug, just a constant SRS, im running the p13 too, im running increadably lean, how do you know that you're running rich and not lean?

my guess is that no wideband O2 sensor was used. and he's just guessing.

when i get back to my room.. i will post the fuel maps for a STOCK p28 and prove that it does not have adequate fuel to make an h22 run rich.

I know I'm running rich because: 1. I have terrible gas mileage. 2. When I hit the accelerator you can see the raw fuel coming out of the exhaust. 3. Drive the car around for about 15 min and the rear end is covered with black sut.

My next guess is O2 sensor..
All that was with a chipped P28 (skunk2 program).

As far as reving out at 6200 I think it might be my Vtec solenoid...sending it into a safe-mode...

that makes a world of difference that it is a chipped p28. i thought you were talking about an OEM p28

Just to let everybody know. The reason for my P13 reving out at 6200 was because there was a break in the VTEC pressure wire(blue/blk) going to the ECU. The loss of VTEC sends the ECU into a safe-mode.

Still tryin to figure out why I'm running rich...

yeah I'm throwing a code 12....because my EGR system isn't hooked up...

Back