rev limiter at 3500?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lickety_slickjj

my b18a1,wich is in a 91civic dx,dpfi- mpfi, well it is cutting out at 3500?sounds like the rev limiter. my ecu is putting out 4 short blinks, wich the chilton says it is the crankshaft pos. sensor?what- where and how do i know or check? my cooling fan wont come on . checked all fuses,it is plugged in????? my temp gauge will read all the way hot but is not over heating??????????

please someone help! I'M LOST?

csps is a limp mode code. if that code is showing up your ecu is putting you in limp mode. You might want to check your timing, youve probably got a knock that is making that code show up.

knocks can be caused by quite a few things. Lean condition, overly advanced timing, high combustion temps, etc.

A lot of times, a SERIOUS knock will cause the CSPS to trigger, also incorrect firing order (meaning the wires are on in the wrong order) also cause the problem.

make sure you order is as shown:

enginespark.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
knocks can be caused by quite a few things. Lean condition, overly advanced timing, high combustion temps, etc.

A lot of times, a SERIOUS knock will cause the CSPS to trigger, also incorrect firing order (meaning the wires are on in the wrong order) also cause the problem.

make sure you order is as shown:

enginespark.jpg

everything is in order, i reset the ecu,and still the code 4?there is a sensor on the back of the block that is right next to the oil pressure sensor and the water temp, is that the knock sensor? and if so where is it wired to on the ecu?

if it has one it will be wired to D3...but i didnt think an obd 0 car has a knock sensor...i dunno what the hell that is...anyone got an idea?

Quoted post[/post]]
if it has one it will be wired to D3...but i didnt think an obd 0 car has a knock sensor...i dunno what the hell that is...anyone got an idea?

:doh: so i found out that my timing belt jumped time, probably from when i had my injectors in the wrong order! or my water pump was seized up?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

:doh: so i found out that my timing belt jumped time, probably from when i had my injectors in the wrong order! or my water pump was seized up?
so the timing belt didn't tighten up? how do i get the tensioner to tighten the belt?

If you have the belt on, and the cams and crank are at top dead center for the no. 1 cylinder, after you've made sure the timing is correct for these 3 things;
1) Loosen up the belt tensioner bolt.
2) Slooowwwly begin rotating the crank counterclockwise. You'll see that the slack on the left side of the belt tightening up, and the slack will be taken up by the tenioner.
3) When you see that the tensioner has taken up as much slack as it will take, tighten down the tensioner, and you should be good. Hand crank the engine a couple of times to make sure you took all the slack out.
Hope this helps. I have a b18a, so hit me up if you need some help. I have sort of a love hate relationship with the particular engine.

Back