Rev limiter at 3k

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"rev limiter" issue at 2000 RPM + overheat. Help!!

I have a similar issue. Except having just rebuilt my engine with all new internals, the Wiring harness is the stock harness for my 1990 CRX Si, but the engine is a D16Z^ out of a 1994 Civic Si. The previous owner had the care running before and i dont see why it shouldnt now. We removed the engine to rebuild it, put it back in and connected 99% of all wires, especially the bare essentials. I have a brand new P28 ECU, an OBD0 to OBD1 harness it in and a brand new Distributor. Now the car starts easy and idles about 1k RPM but it hits a rev limiter at 2k and it overheats in about 5 minutes. Yet brand new Thermostat and everything. Sorry if this is in the wrong post but im new here. Please help me guys.

alright. well I ve come to know now yes. that damn dizzy has to go. but this is where its about to get fun :D I m flat broke. cant afford a new dizzy but cant stand that crappy one either. buut here is the bright side. i happen to have another solution. change out those crappy internal sensors on the dizzy for some killer sweet... obd-2 sensors. now alot of you are going. blah f'ing noob, you can put obd-2 dizzy's to obd-1 harness's. correction. I have a harness. thats been hacked but i know i can clean it up. but its been adapted to run obd-2 dizzy and injectors and still connects right into obd-1 harness. all i have to do is clean up the harness, locate and remove the map sensor pin outs. (switched to a 92 dx in dash harness. map sensor is not in the engine bay harness)

Back