Rev limiter problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mshields76

Hey guys I was searching for information on a problem I am having and came across this site so I thought I would see what you guys think. To start off with this is not a street car, the car has been turned into a old beater dirt track car so I couldnt tell you what year the car is but I was told that the engine and harness was a 2000 model. The motor was a v-tech but it was illegal in the class so we put a non v-tech head on the car and the car will not rev past 6800 rpm. The head has had some work done and the bottom end has been freshened up to say. I have no clue where to start on bypassing the rev-limiter or if you even can. And I am not sure what I could do with the v-tech part of the system since I am using a non v-tech head. We had a ecu built from a company in Maryland and the car will not even crank with it. I have just got involved so I am not sure what the problem is with that. I am just wondering if someone could give some good advice or maybe point me in some sort of direction. Thanks in advance

Ms

asking more than 6800 RPMs out of a non-vtec head is asking a lot. Especially since i odnt know of many (if any) cams that will make power in that rev range. vtec engines can rev higher because when they get to the end of the normal power band, it switches over to another cam lobe to add more fuel for the upper revs.

It's also extremely difficult for us to help you because we have no clue what engine, what year the car, and what OBD it is.
If you could find the engine code (on the front of the engine next to the exhaust manifold) and the year of the car, it will help us help you.
Even pictures would help.

Back