1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rev Limiter Q For H22a

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by ludester1, Feb 12, 2003.

1. ludester1

ludester1 Member

Hey, I have a h22a vtec and for some reason the rev limiter kicks in at 6200 I know thats not normal and it sucks <_< . could it be because I dont have a vtec solenoid in it. What could I do to troubleshoot this?

TIA :D

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Ummmm yeah. :) No VTEC solenoid means VTEC won't engage, and the rev limit on an H22 when VTEC isn't engaged (like before the car is up to normal operating temp) is 6200-6500 rpm.

Troubleshoot? Get a VTEC solenoid. How do you have the oil passages that normally go in and out of the solenoid plugged up right now? Or do you just have a non-functioning solenoid on there? :huh:

3. Vexamus

Vexamus Member

No solenoid? ARen't those called H23's?? ;)

4. ludester1

ludester1 Member

hehehe opps no sleep last night :sleep:

My swap arrived from osakamotors and there was hella damage cux of shipping and the solenoid was damaged(cracked in half) so I bolted on a fabricated plate to keep the oil from shooting all over the place. NEVER BUY FROM THERE!!! They wont replace it so im screwed..

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Fuckin sucks man. Another black mark for Osaka Motors. <_<

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted