reverse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

amraccord94

ok i got h22 in my accord its been working fine till now. when i try to put it in reverse it wont go in, its like its stuck. like there something jaming it, and when it do go in it dosnt want to go out of reverse, but it gose in to every other gear fine.

what do you think is wrong with it????? some people tell me its my tranny and some till me its just my clutch.

It could be a lot of things. Ur clutch maybe bad but if u want to be shure....put it in 5th gear and rev it to 2k and see if it stalls or not. If it keeps goin u need to change ur clutch. Simple test. Second, if ur saying it feels like it stuck then the reverse idler gear might be broken or jammed. Try changin the transmission fluid and see if that works. Do the clutch test first and get back with us and maybe we can diagnois it from there..i might just break out my text book then...lol

Originally posted by amraccord94@Oct 23 2003, 07:10 AM
ok did the test and change the oil and rev it to 2k in 5th gear and the car moves.
so what is it do you know.

U need to change ur clutch. Thats probly the problem, if ur clutch is worn enuf, u cant get into reverse.

I took the car to a clutch shop today and they said its not the clutch. they say it's the traany. or what you said that reverse gear.
do you know if it's hard to replace that reverse gear. do i need any special tool.

Naw, the reverse gear is probly the easiest gear to mess with. I reccomend that u do it with someone who's expierence if ur not goin to take it to the shop. I took a few apart, but not any honda's yet. Not too hard. Defin. will need a press to do it. I think......i'd read the manual and see wat it calls for....RTFM...Read the fawking manual. Thats wat my instructor says to us. By the way, u still need to replace ur clutch any ways. From tha test u did, that i told u to do..might as well replace it too. since ur goin to tear the tranny from the motor.

it turn out to be a bad synchronizer. so i took one off a accord tranny and it worked.

Cool man. I was shure the reverse gear doesn't have a syncro. Hmm..i guess i got to go read the manual then ..lol..good job tho..

Back