1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right front speaker not working

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by humblenstuff, Mar 12, 2008.

1. humblenstuff

humblenstuff New Member

i've had a system installed in my car for over a year and the right front speaker just stopped working. my speakers are hooked up to a 4 channel amp which then connects to my deck and i've tried switching wires around and it is just the right speaker. any troubleshooting methods on how to test if the speaker is bad or the wiring?

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

start from the speaker and troubleshoot back to the head unit. take out the speaker and see if the connection came un-done. check back to the amp. check from the amp to the head unit.

3. whiterabbit06

whiterabbit06 Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill? VIP

If you push evenly on the speaker cone and you hear scratching the speaker is blown. Also if you turn the radio on and press the speaker cone in and you suddenly hear music your speaker is blown.

4. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

If you've got a 4-channel amp, switch over the channels for the front too. That'll eliminate the amp being bad.

5. GlassHeadlights

GlassHeadlights West West Yall

if you have a spare speaker, short-wire it off the amp to see if its the amp or not.

6. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Try going through the head unit and seeing if someone adjusted your settings. Make sure the balance is at -0- and the fade is at -0-. If it still does not work, pull the head unit out and make sure the wire didnt come loose out of the harness. If still nothing, break out a test light and see if its functioning like the rest. If it is, you may have some resistance in that wire somewhere if its not developing any sound. Try taking one of your good speakers and swap them and see what happens.

7. whiterabbit06

whiterabbit06 Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill? VIP

He said he already tried to switch around the wires so it's not the amp or his radio settings.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted