RIP Boyd Coddington

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Personally I like Chip but I never heard of any issues or thought Boyd seemed like an ass but then again I only know from what I saw on the show. I think Chip is a better builder and designer only because he is more hands on, he actually sketches up every car he does, and some he even paints, honestly I would pay a shit ton of money to have Chip Foose paint my car, actually I take that back I would pay lots of money to have him sign my car's stock paint job. Honestly he is an awesome designer. Plus he kinda went the same route as I did at least from the start I have yet to see if my car based talents will take me anywhere. lol

then who is a good builder to you ?

Uh? Foose? Troy T?

As I mentioned before, I respect Boyd's older stuff, dating back to the Snyper project - but he never really pushed the boundries, and in later years he distanced himself from the builds. Foose would actually get in and weld, bondo, sand or cut if it needed his personal touch. In his later years, all Boyd would do is sit in his office and bitch about deadlines.

In all the episodes of of "Overhaulin", you never once hear Chip complain. Not ONCE. He'd just put his nose to the grindstone and suck it up.

Plus, he can ride a unicycle. Who else can do all that?

Uh? Foose? Troy T?

As I mentioned before, I respect Boyd's older stuff, dating back to the Snyper project - but he never really pushed the boundries, and in later years he distanced himself from the builds. Foose would actually get in and weld, bondo, sand or cut if it needed his personal touch. In his later years, all Boyd would do is sit in his office and bitch about deadlines.

In all the episodes of of "Overhaulin", you never once hear Chip complain. Not ONCE. He'd just put his nose to the grindstone and suck it up.

Plus, he can ride a unicycle. Who else can do all that?
foose throws cars out in 7 days

O'rly?

Foose is probably one of the most talented designers and artists in the automotive field since George Baris came around. To compare Foose to Boyd would be a mistake. I wrote an article about Foose in school a while back, and it is amazing how he made his start.

To say he "throws cars out" in 7 days is irrelevant. Boyd's shop wouldn't even be able to agree on what wheels to use in 7 days.

O'rly?

Foose is probably one of the most talented designers and artists in the automotive field since George Baris came around. To compare Foose to Boyd would be a mistake. I wrote an article about Foose in school a while back, and it is amazing how he made his start.

To say he "throws cars out" in 7 days is irrelevant. Boyd's shop wouldn't even be able to agree on what wheels to use in 7 days.
i agree foose is the man,, but i was just pointing out the fact that you said who wants a car that is built in 6 weeks, when foose has built cars in 7 days,

no cel.. going down stairs ON a unicycle... not tumbling down stairs next to a unicycle

there is a slight difference

Yeah, one is circus-funny, and the other should be done by a clown.

Back