Rota Grids

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allmotord16rex

I just got some 16" Rota Grids with 205-45 yokohama avs es100 tires. When I drive it I can hear a slight scrubbing noise. I looked at the front wheels and the caliper is rubbing on the very inside of the wheel. It is only doing this on the front. It isnt damaging the caliper, it is just rubbing a groove in the rims. I was told by the company that I bought them from that I wouldnt need spacers. Also, I dont remember seeing spacer grooves on the back of the rims. What is going on? Does it just do this until it wears itself down? Thanks.

No they are stock brakes. I drove it to work today and it has almost stopped. I guess it wore enough groove for clearance. It really pisses me off though. They were supposed to fit Hondas without spacers.

16" wheels should not be rubbing on ANY factory brake. in fact, i can't think of a 15" wheel that does with oem brakes-- even ITR brakes. you either got a horridly wrong offset or your brakes aren't mounted to the control form properly.

send them back, make them pay, you shouldn't have to suffer threw that crap for something the company jacked up on.

They are 4 X 100 wheels and the offset is 40 mm which is correct for a 90 CRX SI. I dont really think I have a case for sending them back. The rims arent really that damaged, so im not worried about appearance. It is just that damn rubbing that I hate. The guy is supposed to send me some hubcentric rings for free. What is the difference between these and spacers.

Back